November is Woman Abuse Prevention Month
1 in 2 women have been sexually or physically abused.
Show your support for ending violence against women by purchasing and wearing a purple scarf.
Every November Mission Services participates in the Wrapped in Courage campaign organized by Ontario Association of Interval and Transition Houses. This annual campaign supports Violence Against Women (VAW) Shelters by raising awareness about woman abuse and prevention across the province. We are selling three types of purple scarves and 100% of the proceeds support our VAW Shelter- Inasmuch House.
We have some scarves available at Mission Services. Contact us for more details.
Two of our community partners are selling them as well:
Aldershot Home Hardware
Westcliffe Home Hardware
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about getting involved with this campaign,
please contact us:
call 905.528.4211 or email email@example.com
Violence Against Women Statistics
– On average, every six days a woman in Canada is killed by her intimate partner.
– On any given day, more than 3,000 Canadian women (along with their children) sleep in emergency shelters to escape domestic violence.
– Half of Canadian women have experienced at least one incidence of physical or sexual violence since the age of sixteen
– Every year 360,000 children in Canada are exposed to domestic violence.
– Every minute of every day, a woman or child in Canada is sexually assaulted.
If you or someone you know is experiencing abuse, contact us at 905-529-8600.