Working in conjunction with Willow’s Place, Emma’s Place offers 15 low-barrier shelter beds to women, trans-, and non-binary people 18 years and older. Beds are available on a first come, first serve basis either by community or self-referral. Emma’s Place offers supplies to meet people’s basic needs, emotional support, community service referrals, and support with re/connecting to housing resources.
The City of Hamilton has committed to providing funding for Emma's Place for two years.
Location & Contact
196 Wentworth St N (entrance faces Wentworth St N and is wheelchair accessible).
Phone: 905-528-5100 ext 1200
We at Willow’s and Emma’s Place strive to create a safe and inclusive space where women, trans-, and non-binary individuals can come together to empower, create change and enhance their quality of life. We commit to creating this environment by;
- Ensuring that there are limited barriers to accessing services
- Seeking to understand the whole of an individual through a trauma informed lens
- Understanding that each individual will require a unique set of supports and resources
- Ensuring basic needs are met which can assist in positioning each person to focus on their next set of goals
- Taking a harm reduction approach to supporting individuals in keeping themselves and others safe
- Sharing resources, information and access to the tools necessary for individuals to make informed decisions
- Offering a range of engaging activities to encourage creative outlets and opportunities for personal growth
- Providing a compassionate and empathetic ear to listen without judgement
We will do our best to ensure our environment is respectful of diversity and accepting of differences. We hope individuals will build a community of support and empowerment with one another.