Mission Services is not only committed to helping families and individuals directly, but also to advocating for system change in Hamilton and Ontario.
We participate in many awareness campaigns which seek to end stigma, educate the public, and lobby for policy changes. We participate in campaigns including Wrapped In Courage and Recovery Awareness Month.
Many of our staff members sit on boards and committees with representatives from different levels of government, our community partners, and other public services. We are dedicated to changing the systems which directly affect the lives of our community members.
Mission Services is currently represented at the following tables.
- Ancaster Food Drive Committee
- Barton Street Provider Network
- Complex Care Systems Planning Table (CCSPT)
- Consumption and Treatment Service Partners Committee
- Domestic Violence Court Advisory Committee
- Emergency Food Strategic Planning Committee
- Expanding Housing and Support Services for Women and Transgender Community Sub-Committee
- Geriatric Assessment and Intervention Network (GAIN) Implementation Team
- Gibson and Landsdale Area Community Planning Team
- Hamilton Administrators of Volunteers
- Hamilton Anti-Human Trafficking Coalition
- Hamilton Drug Strategy
- Hamilton Police Services High Risk Domestic Violence Community Advisory Committee
- Hospital Shelter Working Group
- Housing & Homelessness Action Planning Committee
- Men’s Emergency Services Committee
- Inter-Agency Planning Committee for the Annual Day of Remembrance for Deceased Homeless People
- International Women’s Day Planning Committee
- Mohawk College Concurrent Disorders Program Advisory Board
- Hamilton Food Literacy Network
- Recovery Awareness Day Committee
- Shelter Manager's Meeting
- The Community Christian Fellowship Church of Canada
- VAW C/CAS Collaboration Committee
- Woman Abuse Working Group Court Committee
- Women’s Housing & Planning Collaborative (WHPC)
- Womankind Advisory Committee
- Women’s Services Advisory Committee to Chief of Police