November is Woman Abuse Prevention Month
1 in 2 women have been sexually or physically abused.
Show your support for ending violence against women by purchasing and wearing a purple scarf.
Regular scarf ($15) on left and knit infinity scarf ($20) on right
Every November Mission Services’ Inasmuch House participates in the Wrapped in Courage campaign organized by Ontario Association of Interval Transition Houses. This annual campaign supports Women’s Shelter’s by raising awareness about woman abuse and prevention across the province. We will be selling three types of purple scarves during the month of November and 100% of the proceeds support our Violence Against
Women’s Shelter- Inasmuch House.
Regular scarves are $15 and the knit infinity (limited quantities) and newly designed scarves are $20. All make perfect gifts and can be purchased at Mission Services at 196 Wentworth St N. or at these participating locations:
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about getting involved with this campaign
give us a call at 905.528.4211 x3102 or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Newly Designed 2017 Purple Scarf
2017 Purple Scarf Local Artist
The beautiful design on this year’s scarf reads “the courage of a woman alone is not enough” and was designed by Jen Lados- a local Ontario mixed media artist. Jen’s work often relects her passion for equality and empowering women and her artisitc vision has produced a scarf we hope you will wear proudly during
Woman Abuse Prevention Month. For more work by Jen visit jenlados.ca
Violence Against Women Statistics
- On average, every six days a woman in Canada is killed by her intimate partner.
- On any given day, more than 3,000 Canadian women (along with their children) sleep in emergency shelters to escape domestic violence.
- Half of Canadian women have experienced at least one incidence of physical or sexual violence since the age of sixteen
- Every year 360,000 children in Canada are exposed to domestic violence.
- Every minute of every day, a woman or child in Canada is sexually assaulted.
If you or someone you know is experiencing abuse, contact us at 905-529-8601.