You can help spread joy to families and individuals in our community this Christmas by signing up to Sponsor a Family! There are currently over 40 women and children staying at our VAW Shelter- Inasmuch House and over 1000 families accessing services through our Good Food Centre, Men’s Shelter and Addiction Programs. With your help, we can provide these families and individuals with a warm and loving Christmas they will remember for years to come.
How It Works
All you need to do is fill out the form below to indicate the size of family you would like to sponsor. Based on this, we will send you a family or individual’s personal Christmas wish list. We will also provide you with more program details.
The cost per family is based on the approximate value of $50 per person.
Once you have finished shopping and collecting all the items for your family, all gifts can be dropped off at 196 Wentworth St N, Hamilton, on December 15th between 4:30-7:00 pm or Saturday, December 16th between 10:00 am- 3:00 pm. Please bring your Sponsor a Family ID# with you and make sure all gift are labelled with the ID#.
At a minimum please provide the following items:
- Grocery store gift card ($50, $75 or $100- Metro/Food Basics or President’s Choice: Fortinos/NoFrills
based on family size)
- $50 per child on new gifts/clothing on their wish list
- $50 per parent on new gifts/clothing on their wish list.
Some other suggested items:
- Linens (new towels, twin or double bed sheets, dish towels)
- Small kitchen appliances (kettle, rice cooker, toaster, coffee maker, etc.)
- Pajamas/ Housecoats (all ages/sizes)
- Kitchen essentials (plates, set of cutlery, knives, cutting board, cooking utensils)
- Women and Men’s socks
- Women and Men’s underwear (all sizes)
- Gift cards (Tim Hortons, Cineplex, iTunes, Walmart, Shopper’s Drug Mart, etc.)
- New wrapping supplies (wrapping paper, tape, ribbon)
Please deliver all gifts unwrapped to give parents and children the opportunity to wrap each other’s gifts.
*A Gift-in-kind tax receipt for the pre-tax value is available with proof of purchase (all sale receipts), full name, contact information and address all enclosed in an envelope labelled with your Sponsor a Family ID#.
Why Sponsor a Family?
Sponsoring a family is just one way your family, friends or co-workers can spread a little Christmas joy to those without the means to create it on their own this holiday season. We want everyone to feel the compassion of giving this holiday season and you can help make this possible by sponsoring an individual or family to make their Christmas morning one of surprise, joy and laughter! By sponsoring a family you’re not only bringing joy to the eyes of children on Christmas morning, you are making it a special day for the whole family.
Sponsor a Family Sign-up Form